Firebird Events Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is Firebird Events Ltd, Unit 3, Nimbus Business Park, Hercules Way, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 6UU.
Information we may collect from you
You may give us information about you, by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, meeting our sales team, via our social media channels or otherwise.
We may collect and process the following information from you:
• Your name, age and gender
• Your contact details: postal address including billing address, telephone numbers and e-mail address
• Your company name and job role
• Your potential event details including event date, venue and any other relevant information
• Your credit / debit card details. Please note credit / debit card details are not kept or stored by us. Transactions are carried out by an appropriately regulated third party and only they will hold your details.
• Your marketing and communication preferences
This list is not exhaustive, and in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data from you to enable us to enter into a contract of engagement with you.
How we use the information we have about you
We use information held about you for the following purposes, and our lawful basis’ for processing your data are provided in italics below;
• Responding to your initial enquiry – consent / anticipation of contract
• Communicating with you to see if we can be of further assistance – anticipation of contract / legitimate interest
• Raising your booking contract – contract
• Issuing invoices for payment – contract
• Communicating with you to plan your event – contract
• Contacting you on the event day itself – contract
• Requesting feedback after your event – legitimate interest
If you have opted in to our mailing list, we will use the information provided by you to occasionally email you information deemed relevant to you on the services we offer, news, updates and competitions – consent
How we process your personal data
Firebird Events Ltd complies with its obligations where your personal data is concerned by keeping it up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data we hold.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers located in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Our security measures include encryption of data and security controls that protect our systems form external attack and unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected partners including:
• Business partners, venues, suppliers and subcontractors in relation to an enquiry you have made with us, or for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
• Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
• This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, insurance and credit risk reduction.
Types of data we collect
• Cookies are text files which our web site, like most sites, places on your computer when you visit. For further information about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
• When you visit our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site.
• This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
• As part of the registration process for you to receive newsletters and services updates from us, we collect personal information. We use that information to tell you about the services you have asked us to keep you informed about, to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information, to check our records are correct and to occasionally check that you are happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
• We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our marketing and news / updates. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our mailings. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer Ian Gatfield at GDPR@firebirdevents.co.uk
How long we keep your personal data
• For data processing for the purposes of enquiries, we will keep your personal data for a period of no more than 60 days beyond the proposed event date.
• For data processing for the purposes of contracted events, we will keep your personal data for as long as is required for legal reasons and to maintain records.
• For data processing for marketing purposes, we will keep your data until you unsubscribe from our email communications or you withdraw your consent.
Please request a copy of our Data Retention Policy for further details.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold about you at any time. Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
1. The right to be informed
The purpose of this right is to allow individuals to obtain information on how and why we’re processing their personal data.
2. The right of access
The purpose of this right is to allow individuals’ access to their personal data to enable them to know what data we hold and to verify the lawfulness of the processing.
3. The right to rectification
This is also referred to as the right to have information corrected. Individuals have a right to have their data corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
4. The right to erasure
This right is also known as the right to be forgotten. Basically, individual’s can request to have their data removed or deleted when there’s no reason to continue processing it. You should also inform third parties, which you’ve sent their data to, that you’re erasing it, unless it’s impossible or will involve a disproportionate effort. Individuals are entitled to know the identity of the third parties.
5. The right to restrict processing
Individuals have the right to block or suppress the processing of their data in certain circumstances.
6. The right to data portability
This right allows individuals to obtain and safely reuse their data across different services for their own purposes.
7. The right to object
This means an individual has the right to object to their data being processed.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Individuals have the right not to be subject to a business’s automatic decision making in certain circumstances.
You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we process your data with the Information Commissioners Office, details of the process can be found at https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/make-a-complaint
Please send written requests to our data protection officer Ian Gatfield – see contact details below
Data protection registration
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Organisation name: FIREBIRD EVENTS LIMITED
Registration reference: ZA049694
This policy was last updated on 1st April 2020
Your award winning event partner
The event industry has voted us in the top 3 best UK event providers for the past 3 years…
Let us share our passion with you!